Friday, January 14, 2011

Great Three Things Like Very Much

ALLAAH
Loves That Person Who
SPENDS HIS YOUTH
In The Path of Allaah
Submitted by: Bro. Farooq Shafi Sunrise, Florida U.S.A

Once, the Holy Prophet (SAW) was sitting around with his companions. He said to them, “I like three things very much.”  The companions (RA) became attentive to know what three things the Holy Prophet (SAW) likes.

The Holy Prophet SAW said, “I like itar (scent);
I like a God-fearing and obedient wife,
and I like salaah very much.’

Also present in that gathering were Abu Bakr (RA), Umar (RA), Usmaan (RA) and Ali (RA).

Abu Bakr(RA)  said, “Ya Rasool Allaah, if you permit me, may I also mention my three favorite things too?” After getting permission he said, “Ya Rasool Allaah, looking at you is my favorite; to sacrifice everything on your command is also my favorite, and the third most favorite is my beloved daughter to be your life partner.”

Umar (RA) stated after permission, “I also like three things. First is to spread the good deeds; second is to eliminate the bad deeds, and the third favorite is to put on the old and torn clothing.”

Usmaan (RA) chimed after permission, “Ya Rasool Allaah, I also like three things very much. First is to feed the hungry, second is to dress the poor and needy, and the third favorite is to continue reciting the Holy Qur’aan.”

Ali (RA) spoke after permission, “Ya Rassol Allaah, My three favorite things are to serve my guests; swing my sword in the path of Allaah, and to fast in hot weather.”
        
While this discussion was going on, Jibraeel (AS) descended. He said to the Holy Prophet (SAW) that Allaah SWT has sent him to mention his own and Allaah SWT’s three favorite things.

With the Prophet SAW’s permission, Jibraeel (AS) said, “My favorite things are to guide those who are lost, to secretly help those with a few means and a large family, and to befriend those who are poor in income but have not lost their conscience.”

Jibraeel (AS) then mentioned the three things that Allaah (SWT) loves.

“Allaah SWT loves that person who spends his youth in His path;
He loves the one who is patient when there are no means visible,
and Allaah SWT also loves the one who weeps when he is embarrassed upon the sins he has committed.”

Don't forget to Share this article after Reading!

No comments: