Friday, March 25, 2011

Shaykh Abdul Azeez Ibn Baz - Superiority Of Knowledge

DURING the Hajj of 1406H (1986CE), the first official group of pilgrims from China came to Saudi Arabia. Along with this group were some scholars who wanted to visit Sheikh Abdul Aziz Bin Baz to convey their greetings to him. The head of the group – about seven scholars in all – was a very old man who had studied at Al-Azhar university. After the group conveyed their greetings to the gathering of people (that included Sheikh Bin Baz), the old man turned to me and asked:“Where is Sheikh Abdul Aziz Bin Baz, and when will he arrive?”So I said to him: “There, he is the one you just conveyed your greetings to now.”But this old man did not believe me, and speaking in fluent Arabic he demanded: “I want to see him now.” So I said to him: “There he is,” firmly pointing him out. So he stood up from his gathering and presented himself before Sheikh Bin Baz for a second time to greet him. I then informed the Sheikh about the eagerness of this old man, so the Sheikh stood to embrace him. I saw the old Chinese man affectionately cling to the Sheikh’s chest and cry, saying:“All Praise be to the One Who has enable me to see you. We used to hear about you in China that you give hope to the Muslims and support them.” Then one of his companions said (to Sheikh Bin Baz): “Pray to Allah, Sheikh that He takes 10 years of my life and adds it to yours because of what you have benefited Islam and its people. As for me, then I am just a (simple) human being like others from among the children of Islam.”The old Chinese man began crying profusely turning again to embrace Sheikh Bin Baz and repeating:“All Praise be to the One Who has enabled me to see you before my death, since I used to long for this (opportunity) all my life.”– Mawaqif Madhi’ah fee Hayat Al-Imam Abdul Aziz Bin Baz; pg. 8-9,
DURING the Hajj of 1406H (1986CE), the first official group of pilgrims from China came to Saudi Arabia. Along with this group were some scholars who wanted to visit Sheikh Abdul Aziz Bin Baz to convey their greetings to him. The head of the group – about seven scholars in all – was a very old man who had studied at Al-Azhar university. 

After the group conveyed their greetings to the gathering of people (that included Sheikh Bin Baz), the old man turned to me and asked:



“Where is Sheikh Abdul Aziz Bin Baz, and when will he arrive?”



So I said to him: “There, he is the one you just conveyed your greetings to now.”



But this old man did not believe me, and speaking in fluent Arabic he demanded: “I want to see him now.” 



So I said to him: “There he is,” firmly pointing him out. So he stood up from his gathering and presented himself before Sheikh Bin Baz for a second time to greet him. I then informed the Sheikh about the eagerness of this old man, so the Sheikh stood to embrace him. I saw the old Chinese man affectionately cling to the Sheikh’s chest and cry, saying:



“All Praise be to the One Who has enable me to see you. We used to hear about you in China that you give hope to the Muslims and support them.”
 



Then one of his companions said (to Sheikh Bin Baz): “Pray to Allah, Sheikh that He takes 10 years of my life and adds it to yours because of what you have benefited Islam and its people. As for me, then I am just a (simple) human being like others from among the children of Islam.”



The old Chinese man began crying profusely turning again to embrace Sheikh Bin Baz and repeating:



“All Praise be to the One Who has enabled me to see you before my death, since I used to long for this (opportunity) all my life.”

– Mawaqif Madhi’ah fee Hayat Al-Imam Abdul Aziz Bin Baz; pg. 8-9,

No comments: